3. I’d love to write a book one day but I’ve never officially tried and I guess I can say that I’m nervous that I’m not good. I’ve only ever written short stories, poetry and song lyrics.
4. I’m a somewhat published poet. I entered two different poetry contests back in high school. I didn’t win but I did get both of my poems published in books and I received certificates.
5. Music is a big influence for me. The idea that I have for a book actually came to mind after listening to a Panic at the Disco! Album.
7. I read a lot of dystopia, contemporary, romance and fantasy.
8. I feel at home at the book store and I could probably spend hours and hours there.
9. I prefer the look of hardcovers but I prefer the feel of trade paperbacks. I don't really like the look of mass paperbound copies.
10. I have a very big TBR list. I have a terrible habit of buying more books when I know I already own a bunch that I haven't read yet.
11. I fangirl over some TV shows based off of books such as Outlander, Game of Thrones, Shadowhunters and The Shannara Chronicles.
13. I have two copies of Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone but never read them or the series. I really need to get on that! I did grow up watching the movies but I know it'll be a whole new experience reading the books.
14. I'm picky when it comes to buying books at the store. I literally check every copy and pick the best looking one... I know, it's so bad.
15. I used to make my own bookmarks. I would fold paper and my friends and I would write quotes all over it. Now when I make one, they usually become cute love notes between the boyfriend and I.
16. One of my prized possessions is my Hush, Hush book by Becca Fitzpatrick. It's my prized possession not only because I love the book but because I had another bird that left chew marks on the cover a few years back. My sweet girl passed away in November. I miss you baby girl.
18. I have a hard time lending out books. If I lend you one, it's because I really trust you.
19. I have an alphabetical list of all of the books I own...
20. ... And a list of all the books I plan to buy... With the release dates... I like lists.
21. The only book I've read in one sitting is Thirteen Reasons Why by Jay Asher..
23. Other than my 2016 book challenge, I also have a Goodreads challenge to read 50 books this year.
24. I have approximately 300 books and I officially need a new bookcase as I have no more room on any of my shelves.
25. When I read, I try not to bend my book as much as possible. My boyfriend drives me absolutely crazy because he bends his pages all the way behind the book. Oh, the rage when he borrows from my bookcase!
What books got you guys started into reading?
Let me know and we can discuss!