Having skipped the contemporary theme last month, we have chosen a contemporary novel to be this month’s read. I’ve only heard of I’ll Give You the Sun by Jandy Nelson recently and I keep hearing different opinions on it. Some people have told me that the ending made the book but others say it was the story itself though the ending was lacking. I’d like to see what my opinion of this book will be and I’d like to hear what you guys think as well. I hear a lot of good things and it has won many awards since its release. The story is about twin siblings, Jude and Noah, and how their relationship changes in only a few years. The story takes place in two different time periods. At thirteen years old, we follow through Noah’s point of view. At sixteen years old, we follow the story through his sister’s eyes. At sixteen, something must have happened because they are no longer as close as they once were. I’m excited to read this one, I hear it’s a very refreshing story and I’m looking forward to it.
2016 Reading Challenge! 5/40
- A book set in your home state (or province): After Oil by Kristan Cannon
- A New York Times Bestseller: Falling Kingdoms by Morgan Rhodes
- A book recommended by a family member: Forbidden by Ted Dekker and Tosca Lee
- A book that is published in 2016: Passenger by Alexandra Bracken
- A book with a blue cover: The Key of Light by Nora Roberts