They can win such amazing prizes! There are prizes for their classrooms, they can win a trip to a Broadway showing of Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, or a family trip to London or New York!
The only thing is, this amazing contest ends at the end of the month on May 31st! This is such an amazing opportunity so please spread the word! Encourage our next generation of writers!
- Challenge is for US only, ages 5-12 but anyone can help spread the word/share with the kids in their lives!
- Contest ends May 31st!
- Idea can be up to 100 words max.
- Idea doesn’t have to be a whole story but enough to give a good idea about where the story would go.
- Everyone should check out www.imaginormouschallenge.com for contest rules, examples and resources for parents and teachers.
- Kids can submit as many times as they want to the various categories.
- There will be FIVE winners chosen – one winner for each of the five categories.
- Children will obviously need adult help entering and resources for adults can be found on the website.
- It’s important to the Roald Dahl Literary estate that kids of all levels/walks of life are encouraged to enter. The idea will not be judged on spelling or grammar, just the idea itself.
- The challenge is not just for writers/artists – the challenge prizes are for kids interested in music, video games, candy!
- Kids should be encouraged to use post-its (dark blue, light blue and yellow colors encouraged), as well as an easy to create idea book (can be created with a folded piece of printer paper) to come up with ideas and brainstorm.